Hello New Year!

2013. The year of horse meat, Maggie Thatcher and Nelson Mandela's death, the year that gay marriage became legal in England and Wales, the royal baby's birth, the hobbit: desolation of smug, catching fire and gravity.



For me 2013 has been a year full of highs and lots of lows. This was the year I lost 2 stone, and then gained 2 stone, finished secondary school, sat my a level exams, started my blog, started a part-time job, danced in many shows, partied a lot, had my prom, had my 18th birthday, saw Robbie Williams and Olly Murs in concert, saw We Will Rock You in the west end, moved away from home, started university, and met some great people who will be life long friends.
And now 2014, for me a year of refreshment and hopefully full of great things. The best way to start the new year? Reflect on last year and create some New Years resolutions. I thought maybe I'd share mine with you to hopefully inspire you, or to even just share with you my ambitions for the year.

Lose weight. I know, typical, right? But this year I am determined and ready to lose at least 2 stone, and to keep it off! I want to exercise three times a week (gym on Monday, zumba on Wednesday and swimming on Friday). I will be following the slimming world diet, and hopefully I'll be succeeding.
Save more. I've put this in because I really do need to learn how to budget and save for important things like deposits, insurance and Christmas. I'm going to do some research in this area, make a plan and stick to it for as long as I possibly can!
Be less lazy. My mother always tells me how lazy I am, and now I think I finally understand what she means. This year I'm going to make an effort to clean my room everyday, wash my make up bushes weekly, take better care of myself and work harder at university. I really want to be the best I can be, and all that's stopping me is laziness!
Be more positive. I am not a very positive person. I am very pessimistic and I tend to see the bad things about  situation rather than the good. I think the main reason for this is because I can't let things go. I hold on to the past (past arguments, judgements, grades and outcomes) and then I find it hard to be positive. This year I am going to make a real effort to complain less and be more positive.
Don't worry. 'Worry' is my middle name. Everybody I know tells me I stress and worry too much about everything. Even I know this myself. I'm going to try and relax, to enjoy, be happy and most importantly be calm (even when I have exams or a report due in!)
Read more. I've been trying to read more for a while. I've read a few books this year, but I want to read important things like Harry Potter, Mockingjay, Lord of the Rings and the rest of my John Green books. I feel like it will expand my mind and be good for me instead of watching tv all the time.
Get more organised. Basic things, like my washing, ironing, food plan and studying. Things that really need sorting out in my life! I think by doing these things I will be more happy and less stressed. I feel that when I have a pile of ironing to do or no food in my cupboards my stress levels rocket, and I find it hard to concentrate on important things. I'm going to buy a proper planner and keep on top of everything!

As a part of becoming more organised, I am also going to blog more, and follow a schedule. I'm going to try it this month starting on the 10th. I'll be posting on Sunday (student related), Tuesday (beauty related) and Friday (fashion related).

TOP TIP: Write down your resolutions on a piece of paper, decorate it and put it somewhere where you will see it everyday. You will be more likely to succeed!
What are your New Year's Resolutions?
Leave a comment down below, and let me know if this was helpful :)
Much Love
Moggs
x


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment