John Freida: Frizz Ease

Hey Everyone  :)

I am a BzzAgent, which means I have signed up to the site (click here) and have recently had the chance to review the John Freida Frizz Ease Smooth Start Collection. BzzAgent and JF have worked together to send bloggers out some of their products so that they can be reviewed to have some honest feedback. Everything I mention was sent to me from the two companies. 

Products

Frizz Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo 
Frizz Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Conditioner 
Frizz Ease Original 6 Effects Serum
Frizz Ease Secret Agent Perfecting Crème

Photo taken from the BzzAgent Website
I was also given a few sachets to give to friends/family to see how they liked the products.

First Impressions

I incorporated the products into my usual hair routine (click here) not changing any other products except for the shampoo, conditioner and I replaced my usual hair oil with the serum as I felt that there would be too much product in my hair all at once. I've used this routine 3 times now which I would say is ok for first impressions.

Shampoo: I actually quite like the shampoo at the moment, it smells nice and lathers well. It does clean my scalp ok at the moment and I haven't had any issues. The one thing I will say though is that it's not sulphate free, which I know not everyone cares about but it's not as great for your hair as a sulphate free conditioner.

Conditioner: I'm really liking the conditioner at the moment. It's really hydrating (which I suppose helps to ease the frizz), but it's actually really good. Smells nice, conditions well and a little goes a long way. However, this is also sulphate free. 

Serum: I have never used a serum on my hair. I guess I'm comparing this to my mythic oil, but I didn't really like it. To me it felt too thick to put in my hair which is why I tend to use an oil. I found that it didn't really do much either, I was kind of expecting a lot from it, but it just made my hair feel full of product. I tried using a little at first, but it literally made no difference so I tried more and it still did nothing other than making my hair full of serum

Crème: I'm not really sure what to make of this at the moment, the thought of putting cream into my hair when it's dry frightens me. But I've given it a few goes, and it seems ok. I'm just worried about it making my hair 'wet' for a long time and/or going wavy. Also I don't want it to make my hair go stiff with product. I'll just keep testing it and see how it goes.


Final Conclusions

I've been using all of the products for quite a while now, and these are the results:

After
Before




















Shampoo: I do like this shampoo, and everything from my first impression still stands. But, I have noticed that my scalp has got a bit dry and I now have a bit of dandruff (which I've never had before) and so I think I'm going to stop using it. I don't know why, but it's just not agreeing with me unfortunately... 

Conditioner: Love it! Really really like using it and will use every last drop of the bottle. Very smoothing (as the tube says) conditioning and just everything you'd want in your conditioner. Very pleased with this product, and I will probably get it again sometime in the future.

Serum: I'm still not a fan of this product at all really. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to using serums, but I even used it by mixing it in with my conditioner and washing it out, but it didn't really do anything. I prefer using the line without the serum at all. Also, I really don't like the packaging at all. I think it's a waste of plastic and has a weird end to the tube which isn't great. Also it's very bulky for travelling (I'd suggest making it fit to size JF!). I think I'll go back to my oil...

Crème: It's grown on me quite a lot. I'm finding myself actually putting it in my bag to take with me (which is quite heavy, so I hope there's a handbag/travel size version). I've really been liking it quite a lot for taming my flyaways and it's quite hydrating so my hair doesn't go stiff it just smooths. It's one of those 'must have handbag saviour' ideas where you just find yourself kind of needing it. It's just very handy.


Overall I quite like the line. If it wasn't for my scalp being all funny I'd probably really like the majority of it all, which is gutting. But thank you BzzAgent and John Freida! I've found some really great products from this!
Hope you liked this! Comment any questions and I'll reply :)
Much Love
Moggs
x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment