That Running Thing...

Hello m'lovelies!
If you've been reading a few of my posts recently, you might have come across this one: Fitness Goals. Basically, I've set myself a few goals to get a little fitter and I can finally say I'm on my way!


That's right. It's happening. I've signed up to do the Merthyr Tydfil Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on March 22nd. Oh God. I can't believe I'm actually doing this.
Let's get one thing straight: I'm no where near fit enough to do this. I know it sounds silly, but this is basically forcing me to get out the door, get running and work for it. I also decided to run for a charity, and my mother helped me choose Cancer Research UK. They have sent me sponsorship forms, created a JustGiving page for me and even sent me a top to run in on the big day!
So basically around 3-4 times a week, I've been running. I started out running half a mile and now I've worked my way up to 2.5miles at a time. I've been using the Nike+ Running App, which has been amazing in helping me track my progress! It's even programmed me a training schedule to start on the 29th of December (gulp), so until then I'm running every week, adding half a mile to a mile a week. So far it hasn't been too bad, there's been some groggy mornings but afterwards I feel fantastic! It's aided me in weight loss (3lbs this week-woo!) since I've also been eating semi-healthy. I've actually quite enjoyed it to be honest, which sounds crazy now that I'm typing it- but it's true!
Signing up for this was a good decision. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to run an actual marathon. Maybe.
I just can't believe I'm finally doing this. I'm really excited to start pushing myself to do the things I actually want to do. I've even started making a list of things I want to do before I'm 21. If that something you're interested in reading then please let me know!
Also, if you want daily updates on what training I''m doing or what I'm eating be sure to follow me on instagram where I usually post progress/training pictures and some healthy food ideas. You could also follow me on Nike+ (Name: Jess Morgan) and don't forget to donate to my JustGiving page!
It's a great cause and Cancer Research UK do some amazing work!
Hope you enjoyed this little fitness update! And wish me luck!
Lots of Love
Moggs
x

Some recent posts from instagram:




CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. aww good luck!! its amazing that youve set yourself such a big challenge! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/11/hydratenaturally-with-vita-coco.html xx

    ReplyDelete